What is Glass saying about storytelling?
Glass has a few points.
- You need to have a reason for telling a story.
- There has to be a goal to the story.
- The story should tell you something.
- You have to answer any questions you ask. You need to be prepared to make a lot of bad stuff and that you’ll need to cut a lot of stuff.
- You need to spend a lot of time actually coming up with the stories.
- You need to really work to make things not boring.
- Do a lot of work.
- It will take a while to get good.
- Don’t straight up copy other people.
- Interaction between people is important.
How will you make your audio podcast a good story?
To make my audio podcast a good story I’ll probably try to focus most of my time on people’s experiences with the guest-in-residence program and how it effected them, as opposed to the process behind the program.