I intend to do at least two interviews, but possibly three or four. One of the interviews will be with the woman who coordinates the Guest-In-Resident Program at Allen Hall. The other interviews will be with other Allen Hall residents who have gone to Guest-In-Resident programming.
For the coordinator:
- How did the Guest-In-Residence program start?
- On the university housing website is looks like a few of the other living learning communities also have Guest-In-Residence programs, but they don’t seem to be as extensive or developed. What makes Allen’s program different?
- How do you feel about people outside of Allen Hall attending the Guest-In-Residences programming? Is it encouraged or discouraged? Is the program ever advertised outside of Allen Hall?
- What makes a good guest? A bad guest? Which guests or types of guests in the past have been successful?
- Have you had any issues in the past with guests? Have any guests caused controversies or complaints? If so, have the complaints come from Allen hall residences or outside individuals or groups?
- Is there anything else you’d like to say about the program?
- What do you think of the program?
- How many Guest-In-Residence programs have you gone to? Who? Why did you chose to go to that one/those ones?
- Do you think you benefitted from the program?
- What would you like to see in the future from the program?
After reading this article I’ll probably do a pre-interview, in part to weed out people and also to let people get comfortable and gather their thoughts, especially the residences since they probably aren’t used to being interviewed.